Thai Beef Salad (Great for all phases)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- Splenda (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced thai or red serrano chili pepper
- 16 oz of boneless beef strip steak (1 1/2 inches thick)
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium kirby cucumber, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 4 cups slivered romaine lettuce hearts (small inner leaves can be left whole), about 2 hearts
- To make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, low sodium soy sauce, splenda, and chili pepper. Measure out 1 tablespoon and set aside.
- To make the salad: Season the steak generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill on a grill or in a lightly oiled stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat, 4 to 5 minutes per side (steak is best rare to medium and still pink in the center). Set aside and keep warm.
- To the bowl with the dressing, add the radishes, onion, cucumber, mint, basil and lettuce, and toss. Arrange on a large platter. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and toss with the reserved 1 tablespoon dressing. Arrange on top of the salad.