Buffalo Fiesta Salad (Great for all phases)
- 4 medium ripe fresh tomatoes
- 4 scallions
- 2 poblano chile peppers
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1 pound ground buffalo
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chipotle seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces spring mix salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup fire-roasted salsa
- To make the salsa: Preheat a grill. Coat the tomatoes, scallions, and chile peppers with the olive oil. Grill the vegetables over high heat, turning frequently, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tomato and pepper skins are lightly charred. Remove from the heat. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Chop the roasted vegetables. Place in a large bowl. Add the cilantro and vinegar. Stir to mix. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the salad: In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Crumble in the buffalo. Season with the chili powder, chipotle seasoning, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until browned.
- Divide the greens onto 4 plates. Spoon the buffalo mixture and cucumber over the greens. Top each serving with 12 tablespoons of salsa.