Stuffed Pepper Soup (great for all phases)
1 lb green pepper, diced
1 lb ground beef (lean beef or ground turkey)
2 stalks celery, diced
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 medium onion, diced (Phase 4 only)
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups low sodium beef broth
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Brown the ground beef until fully cooked.
2. Drain the fat from the beef and set aside
3. Saute the vegetables in the same pan.
4. Add water or broth, the ground beef,
5. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes (the longer it simmers, the better the flavor).Salt and pepper to taste.