Rutabaga Salad (Great for all phases)
Serves 4 – To replace your craving for potato salad!
- 2 medium sized rutabagas (peeled and cubed)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Walden Farms mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 small onion (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1/4 cup of chopped dill pickles
- ground black pepper to taste
Place the cubed rutabaga in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue boiling on medium high heat for 15 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork.
Drain rutabagas and set aside to cool. In a seperate bowl, mix all of the rest of the ingredients together.
Add 3/4 of the rutabagas to the bowl of the mayo mixture.
Mash the remaining 1/4 of the rutabagas with a fork or potato masher and fold into the salad. Ground black pepper to taste
Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes.Rutabaga Salad