STEAK & MAGIC “MASHED POTATOES”
The star of this show is what looks like naughty mashed potatoes but is really a gorgeous cauliflower surprise.
Cauliflower (I use frozen bags. I cant taste the difference and its easier and less expensive than fresh)
2-4 tsp olive oil
… 1 oz milk (from your morning milk allowance)
Sea Salt + Black Pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh crushed garlic (more or less or none at all to taste)
Optional: White Pepper and Herb Salt (like Mrs Dash or Herbamare)
Optional: 2 tsp horseradish (I use from a tube. I think this is mandatory, as it gives a little kick and helps make the cauliflower taste change into a more rounded gourmet mashed potato flavor)
Optional: 1/8 to 1/2 tsp Chili powder (I use Indian chili powder for the best taste. Found at most Asian markets)
1. Roast cauliflower until cooked at 200-210 C for about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. You can also boil it, but the taste will not be as rich as roasting. I recommend roast!
2. Add 1 oz nonfat milk to a blender or food processor (the milk you didnt use from your morning coffee. )
3. Add in the cauliflour and smash it down with a fork.
4. Add sea salt/ pepper to taste. (I use herbamare spicy, white pepper, black pepper, and rose pepper)
5. Add 1-2 teaspoons Olive Oil
6. Add other spices as desired.
If available, add 1 teaspoon Imitation Butter Flavor
7. Blend until desired consistency. Both creamy and chunky versions are both excellent.
8. Add fresh parsley for garnish
I have also made this using both cauliflower and broccolli which makes a different and unique new taste that you will come to crave.
I have also added in about 8-12 green jalepeno slices for a fantastic spicy version. (I also made it with hot red jalepenos and it was TOO spicy for other family members!)
This is served with a firey grilled eggplant (eggplant, olive oil, habanero tabasco and indian chili with sea salt) covered with sliced paprika (I used from a jar and rosepepper steak (Lehtipihvi)
If making the spicy versions, serve with iced Peppermint Tea to cut the heat with a refreshing mint.Credit: http://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja