Kaleslaw (great for all phases)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 packet of Splenda
- 1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur, black or any of the “flat leaf” kales), stems removed and leaves julienned
- quarter head red cabbage,
- shredded1 carrot, julienned (phases 4 only)
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on bias,
- plus the leaves½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- tight handful of parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and splenda to make a “vinaigrette.”
Toss vegetables in large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Kaleslaw can be served immediately. It will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for about a day, after which, it takes on the taste and texture of fresh sauerkraut.