Spring Fresh Chicken Soup (Great for all phases)
2 cups cauliflower rice
8 cups low sodium chicken stock
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 8 oz
2 leeks, white and light green parts only, washed well and chopped coarsely
3 inner stalks celery leaves included, chopped coarsely
1 1/2-2 cups bean sprouts
1/2 cup of mushrooms
1 tsp sea salt
Sprinkle of garlic powder and freshly ground pepper
1. Cut leeks, removing green leafy stock and cut horizontially into manageable peices, then split peices in half vertically. Separate leaves and place in bowl of water. To clean agitate water allowing dirt to fall to bottom of water. Remove leeks from water and spin in salad spinner.
2. Place stock in soup pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add chicken and bring to a boil again.Reduce heat and let simmer while you prepare vegetables.
3. Add chopped leeks, mushrooms and celery and cook 10 minutes.
4. Add pepper and garlic powder.
5. Remove cooked chicken from pot and let cool while soup simmers. Cut chicken into thin strips and return to pot with bean spouts and cauliflower rice. Cook 3 minutes more.
6. Add sea salt and stir. Serve immediately.
Credit: Recipe inspired by Tosca Reno’s Clean Eating Cookbook