Chicken and Veggie Frittata (great for all phases)
Recipe makes TWO servings!
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked chicken, with skin and excess fat removed
- 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites (phase 4 may use 8 whole eggs)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded (Phase 4 only)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- In a skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and scallions in olive oil until tender.
- Add chicken; heat through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, water, mustard, Italian seasoning and garlic salt until foamy. Stir in cheese, (PHASE 4 ONLY) tomatoes and broccoli mixture.
- Pour into a greased shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees F for 22-27 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.